Pages

The Importance of Positivity




Have you ever told yourself that you can't do something, that it won't happen no matter how hard you try?
Have you ever thought that the glass was half empty when everyone around you seems to see it half full?
You are not alone.
Our mind is a powerful thing, we have such a strong way of convincing ourselves that we can't do anything or that there's no point in ever trying.
BUT I'm telling you now that if you can change that, even just ever so slightly, that you can and will start achieivng more.
Here are a few pointers to help you become that bit more positive.

  1. Make a list of all the things you've achieved - it could be something as simple as 'getting out of bed this morning' or 'washing the dishes'
  2. About those negative thoughts in your head... Would you talk to your best friend like that? No probably not. Treat yourself with compassion, the way you would if that voice was coming from your friend.
  3. When you wake up, breathe. As simple and obvious as it sounds it's important and it is effective.
    Close your eyes.
    Take a deep breath in, imagine you are filling a cup to the top with water. Hold it for a few seconds.
    Exhale - imagine that you are pouring that glass of water out.
  4. Google positive quotes - I'm telling you it does help.
    I like to save them, print them and stick them on my wall so they're the first thing you see when you wake up. I've even made myself a washing line with quotes on. You can be very creative with this one!
  5. When something positive happens, or just something that makes you smile, keep a note of it. Even keep a notebook. (I like this one from Paperchase)
    In no way am I saying to avoid those negative feelings, just pay more attention to the good things happening in your life.


From my experience I've found these help me. I hope these ideas bring some more positivity to you.
What do you do to stay positive when times are tough?

Lucy


Lucy Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram