Pages

Recipe: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Brownies (GF, DF)



So, I'd been craving brownies... I mean who doesn't?

I found a recipe for some and adapted them to suit my need for gluten and dairy free. The outcome were these fudgy, moreish brownies that I present you with. You would not think for one second that these were gluten/dairy free because they have such a good texture and taste and are certainly not lacking anything, which sometimes I find in gluten and dairy free cooking. These delightful things are suitable for everyone!

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Brownies

Ingredients
200g ground almonds
80g cocoa powder
310g icing sugar
1 tsp coffee granules
4 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract

150g peanut butter
30g icing sugar
50g dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a square baking tin (20cm x 20cm)

2. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients - the icing sugar, ground almonds, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.

3. Dissolve the coffee in 3 tbsps of cold water. 

4, Make a well in the centre of the bowl, add in the egg whites, vanilla extract and the coffee mixture. Mix together until thick and smooth. 

5. Pour into the tin.

6. Beat the peanut butter and icing sugar together, then dollop ontop of the mixture in the tin. Use a cocktail stick to swirl the peanut butter into the mixture.



7. Chop up the chocolate (or if using chocolate chips) and sprinkle over the mixture 

8. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.

9. Leave to cool then chop into squares (as many or as little as you like!)



Happy Baking!

Lucy

Lucy Steel

6 comments:

  1. Oo these look really good! I would have never thought coffee would be an ingredient. I'm alright at baking but the two times I've tried making brownies they've been a disaster and we had to use a spoon to eat them!

    Ami x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! You should try these! :) x

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I need to try them :-P

    JH | hellojenniferhelen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to make these and your snack bars ASAP Lucy! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fab! Do let me know what you think :)

      Delete

Instagram